Tuesday, September 6, 2011





_______________________________________________________________

FASHION: YOUR FUTURE, MY PAST
_______________________________________________________________


You would think that being a girl from Europe I should know about fashion, style and clothes. Ok, you're right. I will share in this blog section all this fashion ability that I have in my spanish blood. As you know the fashion gap between Europe and America is about two years. So basically, I can tell you what will be cool before it's cool here. (I am not a fortune teller, I just have Spanish contacts) 

And here is my first question for you: What is wrong about denim jackets? Why not denim jackets? I don't understand why people don't wear them. It's completely normal (trust me, I'm European. We make the rules about these things). Denim exists besides pants (yes, america, yes). Then, if you stopped using denim jackets in the 80's maybe you should consider wearing them again. Recycling can be an option (it is understandable if you can't because of size problems with age, ugly patches, or your mom probably threw it away). Denim jackets are a great garment during Spring and Autumn time. Maybe all the time if you live in SF. It is perfect for a casual attire. Because it matches with almost with everything (skirts, casual dresses, nice dresses, shorts...) and colors.  

But just being a denim jacket doesn't always make it acceptable. Sorry to the owner of this jacket or if you found a photo of your mom wearing something similar, but it's an absolute no. If you find something like that, never buy it. If you have it, burn it or give it to Good Will, or save it for a theme party about bad denim jackets. 



Hey and don't forget to roll up the sleeves to give it more of an edge. Much cooler, of course. 



If you were wondering, distressed and bedazzled denim jackets, obviously no. They weren't cool, aren't cool and never will be cool. 



Wearing a denim jacket with jeans or a denim skirt is not that ok. But if you do (are you Canadian?), never use different tonalities of denim, please… 



So those are the basic rules for denim jackets. It has already been cool about two years in Spain, so it should be the perfect time to start wearing them here. Here is a photo of me,my two-year-old  jacket,  my friend Raquel and a cute kitty.




No comments:

Post a Comment